Peter Benjamin "Pete" Parker (ピーター・ベンジャミン・”ピート”・パーカー, Pītā Benjamin "Pīto" Pākā), or "Spider-Man" (スパイダーマン, Supaidāman), is a fictional character and protagonist of the Marvelous DC series created by C. B. Cebulski and Jim Lee.
He is a web-slinging superhero from New York City, who fights crime, using his spider-like superhuman attributes and abilities, as well as web gadgets of his own design. Motivated by a tragedy from his past, he takes the lesson, "With great power comes great responsibility," to heart.
Peter gained his powers after being bitten by a radioactively-modified spider at the age of 15. Employing a secret identity, he settled on using his newly developed superpowers to protect the citizens of the city as a hero and crime fighter.
He sometimes teams up with other superheroes like Iron Fist and Power Man to fight crime. Peter's mentor is Nick Fury the director of S.H.I.E.L.D. who is currently training him. Peter is a high school student who attends Midtown High School with his best friends Harry Osborn and Mary Jane.
"You do what you think is best, Doc. It's all any of us can... even when it hurts like Hell."
- —Spider-Man to Doctor Octopus.
- 1 Appearance & Biography
- 2 Background
- 3 Personality
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Abilities and Powers
- 6 History
- 7 Synopsis
- 8 Battles
- 9 Events
- 10 Anime and Manga Differences
- 11 Translation and Dub Issues
- 12 Theme songs
- 13 Merchandise
- 14 See also
- 15 Etymology
- 16 External links
- 17 Notes & Trivia
Appearance & Biography
- Voice Actor: Josh Keaton (English), Manabu Ino (Japanese), Not Known (Arabic), Not Known (Basque), Not Known (Brazilian), Not Known (Cantonese), Not Known (Catalan), Not Known (Chinese), Not Known (Croatian), Not Known (Danish), Not Known (Dutch), Not Known (Finnish), Not Known (Filipino), Not Known (French), Not Known (Galician), Not Known (German), Not Known (Greek), Not Known (Hebrew), Not Known (Hong Kong), Not Known (Hungarian), Not Known (Indonesian), Not Known (Italian), Not Known (Korean), Not Known (Mandarin), Not Known (Norwegian), Not Known (Polish), Not Known (Portuguese), Not Known (Romanian), Not Known (Russian), Not Known (Serbian), Not Known (Spanish), Not Known (Swedish), Not Known (Tagalog), Not Known (Thai), Not Known (Valencian), Not Known (Ukrainian), Not Known (Brazilian Portuguese), Not Known (Canadian French), Not Known (European Spanish), Not Known (European Portuguese), Not Known (Latin American Spanish), Not Known (Latin Spanish), Not Known (Spain-Spanish)
As Peter Parker
Peter is of slightly above-average height, with a lean but muscular build, brown hair and hazel eyes. Peter is often seen wearing plaid or flannel shirts.
As Spider-Man, Peter wears a skin-tight body suit, which both conceals his identity and provides additional protection. While he can choose one of several suits, they are all spider-themed, and generally have a red, black, and blue color palette with white teardrop shaped eyepieces.
- Hair Color: Brown
- Skin Color: Not Known
- Eye Color: Hazel
- Age: Not Known
- Birthday: Not Known
- Height: Not Known
- Weight: Not Known
- Harry Osborn - Friend and ally.
- Splinter Hamato
- Ninja Turtles
- Leonardo Hamato
- Raphael Hamato
- Donatello Hamato
- Michelangelo Hamato
- April O'Neil
- Casey Jones
- Bat Family
- Young Justice
- Teen Titans
- Wayne Enterprises
- Lucius Fox
- Richard Parker (father, deceased)
- Mary Parker (mother, deceased)
- Ben Parker (uncle, deceased)
- May Parker (aunt, deceased)
- Doctor Doom
- Green Goblin
- The Maggia
- Sinister Six
- Doctor Octopus
- Mister Negative
- Kraven the Hunter
- Inner Demons
- Foot Clan
- Baxter Stockman
Abilities and Powers
- Spider Physiology:: Due to his infusion of spider DNA after being bitten by one of Oscorp's genetically altered spiders, he has gained the strength, speed, equilibrium and healing rate of a Common House Spider. He also gained a paranormal survival instinct, dubbed as his spider senses.
- Superhuman Strength: Spider-Man is far stronger than ordinary humans. He is strong enough to easily destroy mechanical robots from S.H.I.E.L.D and hold many tons of weight when needed. It is stated that Spider-Man can lift in max about 20 tons.
- Superhuman Jumping: Spider-Man's strength also extends into his legs which allows him to jump far higher and leap much further than a normal human.
- Superhuman Speed: Due to possessing the proportionate speed of a spider, Spider-Man can run at speeds greater than the finest Olympic athlete.
- Superhuman Stamina: Spider-Man is capable of exerting himself for days without any fatigue or passing out, despite his greatly increased metabolism.
- Superhuman Durability: Spider-Man's body is physically tougher and more resistant to some types of injury than the body of a normal human. He has endured blows from beings with strength much greater than his own, fallen many meters in the air, and even been hit through steel walls. However, he can easily be damaged through bladed weaponry or even the smallest firearms. He did endure being showered in super heated water and being "nuggied" by the Hulk without harm.
- Superhuman Agility: Spider-Man is very agile and can easily do back flips in the air.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: After being bitten by the mutated spider, Spider-Man can balance himself on any object no matter how small or narrow it is.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Spider-Man's reflexes are above even the finest human athlete. He has shown that he can dodge strikes from beings with supernatural speed, gunfire and energy blasts.
- Superhuman Senses: Spider-Man's senses are greatly enhanced as he no longer needed his glasses after the spider's bite. He is able to sense, hear and see objects near to him.
- Spider-Sense: Spider-Man has a survival instinct to sense dangers that happens moments before it actually happens, which enhances his reflexes. It works like a alarm sound when danger is near. It cannot be replicated by any being due to its magical nature.
- Wall-Crawling: Spider-Man can crawl along any surface much like a spider would.
- Accelerated Healing Factor: Spider-Man's peak-human metabolism allows him to heal epithelial cells/tissues at a faster pace. However it is likely that this healing ability will not heal damage done to vital organs nor regenerate amputated limbs.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Peter is a genius and has an I.Q of 205. He is more intelligent than some of the finest professors in the world. He was even able to find a antidote for a disease on his own, be able to operate Iron Man's armor and other extraordinary feats that would require genius intelligence.
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Spider-Man has been extensively trained by Nick Fury and Iron Fist in various martial arts styles as well as to properly supplement it with his superhuman strength, speed, and reflexes. He often toys with his opponents in order for them to drop their guard, due to his seemingly childish nature.
- Expert Leader: Spider-Man is a remarkable leader and even led his own team to many great victories before being offered the Avengers membership. He also shows remarkable proficiency with analyzing various tactics to create better combat tactics.
- Stealth: Spider-Man has shown to be highly skilled at stealth, even before being initiated in S.H.I.E.L.D. or the Justice Avengers.
Spider-Man's equipment primarily consists of a wide array of web-based gadgets that he uses to combat different opponents. He has access to eight such gadgets: the Web Shooter, the Impact Web, the Spider-Drone, the Electric Web, the Web Bomb, the Trip Mine, the Concussive Blast, and the Suspension Matrix. The gadgets are upgradeable and have unique features and abilities. The most basic gadget, the Web Shooter, is also a means of helping Spider-Man traverse the city of New York in addition to aiding him in combat. Similarly, the Electric Web can also be used to power certain electronic conduits.
Peter also makes use of highly-advanced suits throughout the course of the main story, with each suit coming with a signature power of its own. His primary suit is called the Advanced Suit, which he crafts after his Classic Suit becomes damaged early in the story. Peter later builds an armored version of the Advanced Suit, called the Anti-Ock Suit, in order to counter the mechanical appendages of Doctor Octopus.
Plot in the Series
Anime and Manga Differences
Translation and Dub Issues
Notes & Trivia
- Spider-Man has social network account named NYCWallCrawler with 23.7 million fans (followers).