Kai Leng (カイ・レン, Kai Ren), is fictional character and antagonist of the Mass Wars series created by Casey Hudson and George Lucas. He is an elite assassin working for the human-survivalist organization Cerberus.
Kai was formerly a military officer ranked lieutenant and N7 marine operative in the Systems Alliance, ever known for having multiple anti-alien attitudes. He was described as being Earth-born with featured that show his most dominant Chinese heritage.
He was the Illusive Man's most trusted agent, who used him as his best infiltration and wet-work operative for over a decade. Like the vast majority of agents and employees of Cerberus, he was incredibly racist towards aliens.
"Cerberus thanks you for all your hard work."
Appearance & BiographyEdit
- Voice Actor: Troy Baker (English), Not Known (Japanese), Not Known (Arabic), Not Known (Basque), Not Known (Brazilian), Not Known (Cantonese), Not Known (Catalan), Not Known (Chinese), Not Known (Croatian), Not Known (Danish), Not Known (Dutch), Not Known (Finnish), Not Known (Filipino), Not Known (French), Not Known (Galician), Not Known (German), Not Known (Greek), Not Known (Hebrew), Not Known (Hong Kong), Not Known (Hungarian), Not Known (Indonesian), Not Known (Italian), Not Known (Korean), Not Known (Mandarin), Not Known (Norwegian), Not Known (Polish), Not Known (Portuguese), Not Known (Romanian), Not Known (Russian), Not Known (Serbian), Not Known (Spanish), Not Known (Swedish), Not Known (Tagalog), Not Known (Thai), Not Known (Valencian), Not Known (Ukrainian), Not Known (Brazilian Portuguese), Not Known (Canadian French), Not Known (European Spanish), Not Known (European Portuguese), Not Known (Latin American Spanish), Not Known (Latin Spanish), Not Known (Spain-Spanish)
He wears a coat similar to Thane's over a uniform with Cerberus colors, and his face and body is equipped with visible cybernetic implants to compensate for the injuries he sustained in courtesy of Captain Anderson.
Early direction of Kai Leng's concept involve inhuman-looking metallic legs and hard armor as upgrades, which were streamlined during the later period of the development cycle of 3 into a stealthier appearance along with his hairstyle, coat length and visor type.
- Hair Color: Black
- Skin Color: Light
- Eye Color: Not Known
- Age: Not Known
- Birthday: Not Known
- Height: Not Known
- Weight: Not Known
Abilities and PowersEdit
- Sword: The bladed weapon that was wielded by Kai Leng appears to be based on on of the original Japanese "ninjatōs", a straight (and often shorter) variant of the samurai's katana.
While little is known about Kai Leng's early life, Alliance records show that he enlisted into the Alliance military on November 14, 2172 at the age of 16, though his credentials were faked at the time. Kai's prowess in combat and xenophobic nature brought the attention of the Illusive Man, and Cerberus helped liberate Kai from prison after he was incarcerated for murder. Kai subsequently joined the organization and soon became one of the Illusive Man's best operatives, working as an infiltrator and assassin. He received cybernetic modifications in terms of Phantom-class implants.
Plot in the SeriesEdit
Anime and Manga DifferencesEdit
Translation and Dub IssuesEdit
- Leng (冷）is Chinese for cold, or in this case, isolated or merciless.
Notes & TriviaEdit
- According to The Art of Mass Wars, early concepts of Kai Leng gave him metal legs and hard armor, but this evolved into a stealthier appearance with a coat reminiscent of the one worn by Thane Krios. His face and body kept a few obvious cybernetic implants to imply that he had been modified since the events in the books to become even deadlier.
- According to the Mass Wars novels, Kai had both Chinese and Russian/Slavic heritage, with the Chinese being the dominant of the two.