Jaro Tapal (ジャロ・タパル, Jaro Taparu), or Master Tapal, was a fictional character and tritagonist of the Mass Wars series created by Casey Hudson and George Lucas. He was a Lasat Jedi Master, the master of Padawan Cal Kestis and commander of the Delta Squad.
He served the Republic with distinction as a General in the Grand Army. Adhering to a firm and disciplined doctrine, he mentored Cal, in the ways of the Force. In the Collector-Reaper War aftermath, the squad were betrayed by their clone troopers during Order 66.
Although he was mortally wounded while attempting to escape to Fehl Prime, Jaro managed to get Cal, Lt. Vega, Milque, and Treeya to safety. Before dying, he orders them to hold the line, await the Council's signal, and urged Cal to trust only in the Force.
Jaro's death have haunted them for many years ever since. Cal, who kept his master's lightsaber, vowed to honor both his teachings and sacrifice as he set out to restore the Jedi Order during the war between the Resistance, and the revived Sith Empire.
"This… war is not over, my Padawan. Hold the line. Wait for the Jedi Council's signal. Remember… Trust only… In the Force."
- —Master Jaro Tapal, speaking last words, to Cal Kestis.
- 1 Appearance & Biography
- 2 Background
- 3 Personality
- 4 Relationships
- 5 Abilities and Powers
- 6 History
- 7 Synopsis
- 8 Legacy
- 9 Battles
- 10 Events
- 11 Discoveries
- 12 Anime and Manga Differences
- 13 Translation and Dub Issues
- 14 Theme songs
- 15 Merchandise
- 16 See also
- 17 Etymology
- 18 External links
- 19 Notes & Trivia
Appearance & Biography
- Voice Actor: Travis Willingham (English), Jiro Saito (Japanese), Not Known (Arabic), Not Known (Basque), Not Known (Brazilian), Not Known (Cantonese), Not Known (Catalan), Not Known (Chinese), Not Known (Croatian), Not Known (Danish), Not Known (Dutch), Not Known (Finnish), Not Known (Filipino), Not Known (French), Not Known (Galician), Not Known (German), Not Known (Greek), Not Known (Hebrew), Not Known (Hong Kong), Not Known (Hungarian), Not Known (Indonesian), Not Known (Italian), Not Known (Korean), Not Known (Mandarin), Not Known (Norwegian), Not Known (Polish), Not Known (Portuguese), Not Known (Romanian), Not Known (Russian), Not Known (Serbian), Not Known (Spanish), Not Known (Swedish), Not Known (Tagalog), Not Known (Thai), Not Known (Valencian), Not Known (Ukrainian), Not Known (Brazilian Portuguese), Not Known (Canadian French), Not Known (European Spanish), Not Known (European Portuguese), Not Known (Latin American Spanish), Not Known (Latin Spanish), Not Known (Spain-Spanish)
Jaro Tapal was an imposing Lasat male with gray hair, green eyes, and purple skin.
- Hair Color: Gray
- Skin Color: Purple
- Eye Color: Green
- Age: Not Known (Deceased)
- Birthday: Not Known
- Height: Not Known
- Weight: Not Known
"He was a true guardian of the Republic."
"He was a hero."
- —Cere Junda and Cal Kestis, remembering Jaro Tapal.
Having served as a member of the Jedi Order, Jaro adhered to a firm and disciplined doctrine, the tenets of which he imparted to his apprentice Cal Kestis through their training sessions together. He participated in the Clone Wars as a general and defender of the Republic, noting that while the Jedi did not seek aggression, they would stand against it.
He also trusted in the will of the Force; with his dying breath, he told Cal to trust the Force also. Among his troops, Jaro was not known for his patience. Shortly before Order 66, the clones that Cal passed on his way to the training area advised the Padawan to not keep his Master waiting for long. During their sessions together, Jaro was not displeased by Cal's mistakes, even when Cal himself began to feel discouraged.
Instead, he taught his apprentice to embrace his failure and learn from it, and to not be weighed down by ego or pretense. Persistence was a trait that Jaro valued, and as such, he encouraged Cal to keep persisting until he achieved success in his trials. As a Jedi, he believed it was important to let go of what one feared to lose in order to rise above their fear.
- Delta Squad
- Lt. James Vega
- Cal Kestis
- Cere Junda
- First Order
- Darth Vader
- Saren Arterius
- General Grievous
- Battle Droids
Abilities and Powers
"The Force is there to shield us. The obstacles in your path define the path. What stands in the way becomes the way."
- —Master Jaro Tapal, to Cal Kestis.
As a Force-sensitive, Jaro Tapal was skilled in the use of various force powers, particularly telekinesis. During the execution of Order 66, Jaro relied heavily on his telekinetic abilities, using the Force to levitate and incapacitate multiple clone troopers at the same time. Even when wounded by several blaster shots to the torso, he was still able to call on the power of the Force, lifting three clones and slamming them into the ceiling. His connection to that mysterious energy field allowed him to sense a great disturbance in the Force, enabling Jaro to kill the clone commander that attempted shoot the Jedi Master from behind.
As a Lasat, Jaro was also physically strong and durable, managing to subdue several of his former troops with simple kicks or headbutts and was not killed immediately after being struck by an albeit-fatal barrage of blaster shots, notably shrugging off the first of these wounds like it was nothing.
In addition, he was well trained in the art of lightsaber combat, particularly the use of a double-bladed lightsaber. He used his lightsaber with deadly purpose while defending himself and his apprentice, and succeeded in killing numerous troopers on his own before a group of clones managed to overwhelm him with blaster fire.
Plot in the Series
"Master. I will never forget. The loss has become a part of me. I will honor your teaching. And your sacrifice."
"Remember. Persistence reveals the path."
- —Cal Kestis and an apparition of Jaro Tapal.
Anime and Manga Differences
Translation and Dub Issues
- Jaro Tapal Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order Wiki
- Jaro Tapal Star Wars Canon Wiki
- Jaro Tapal Wookieepedia
Notes & Trivia