Jack Napier (ジャック・ネイピアー, Jakku Neipiā), also known as "Joker" (ジョーカー, Jōkā), is fictional character and antagonist of the Marvelous DC series created by C. B. Cebulski and Jim Lee. He is one of Batman's oldest enemies and arch-nemesis.
He is a force of fear and chaos against Batman's fight for safety and order. He's capable of twisting even the sanest minds to his warped plans, and a sick enjoyment of pain and fear. The Clown Prince of Crime is a psychopath who inspires chaos.
Despite multiple incarcerations in the infamous Arkham Asylum, he remains gleefully insane - and determined to torment Batman by any means possible. Joker has belonged to many criminal organizations, but his fellow villains fear him almost as much as Gotham City does.
One of Batman's oldest enemies, Joker was often responsible for some of the most horrendous and tragic moments of his life, including the abduction, torture, and murder of Jason Todd, the paralysis of Barbara Gordon, and the death of Talia al Ghūl.
"Take a hint, old boy, we may have had our differences, but you and me, we're made for each other."
- —Joker, telling his views on his relationship with Batman.
Appearance & BiographyEdit
- Voice actor: Mark Hamill (English), Keiji Fujiwara (Japanese), Not Known (Arabic), Not Known (Basque), Not Known (Brazilian), Not Known (Cantonese), Not Known (Catalan), Not Known (Chinese), Not Known (Croatian), Not Known (Danish), Not Known (Dutch), Not Known (Finnish), Not Known (Filipino), Not Known (French), Not Known (Galician), Not Known (German), Not Known (Greek), Not Known (Hebrew), Not Known (Hong Kong), Not Known (Hungarian), Not Known (Indonesian), Not Known (Italian), Not Known (Korean), Not Known (Mandarin), Not Known (Norwegian), Not Known (Polish), Not Known (Portuguese), Not Known (Romanian), Not Known (Russian), Not Known (Serbian), Not Known (Spanish), Not Known (Swedish), Not Known (Tagalog), Not Known (Thai), Not Known (Valencian), Not Known (Ukrainian), Not Known (Brazilian Portuguese), Not Known (Canadian French), Not Known (European Spanish), Not Known (European Portuguese), Not Known (Latin American Spanish), Not Known (Latin Spanish), Not Known (Spain-Spanish)
The self-styled Clown Prince of Crime has no superpowers, beyond a capacity for incredible violence and a skill at creating deadly mayhem. He frequently concocts elaborate schemes to entrap his arch nemesis, Batman.
As Jack NapierEdit
- Hair Color: Green
- Skin Color: White
- Eye Color: Green
- Age: Not Known
- Birthday: Not Known
- Height: 6'0"
- Weight: 160lbs
- Unrepentant homicidal maniac, albeit without a precise psychological diagnosis.
- Surprisingly strong hand-to-hand combatant.
- His past is unknown; conflicting, unconfirmed reports state that he was a failed comedian, a petty thief, and a broken family man.
- Employs various deadly weapons, often based on party-gag items.
- Frequently uses a toxin that stretches victim's face into a Joker-like grin and causes death.
- Monster T - Ally and victim.
- Silver Banshee - Ally.
- Solomon Grundy
- Injustice Avengers
- Lex Luthor - Ally.
- Jeannie (wife, deceased)
- Unborn son (deceased)
- Quincy Sharp
- Frank Boles
- Penelope Young
- Janet Surillo - Victim; deceased.
- Sal Valestra - Victim; deceased.
- Carl Beaumont - Victim; deceased.
- Amanda Waller
- Killer Croc
- League of Assassins
- Poison Ivy
- Justice Avengers
- Teen Titans
- Gotham City Police Department
- The Chechen - Former friend, enemy and victim; deceased.
- Gambol - Enemy and victim; deceased.
- Vicki Vale
Abilities and PowersEdit
During combat, Joker employs his lethal laughing gas, a revolver handgun, and his joy buzzer as special attacks. He uses his impressive hand-to-hand abilities to punch, slap, kick, and poke out eyes. During stealth missions where Joker must dispose of his enemies, he can use a pair of glasses with swirly circles in the lenses to see through walls and identify others behind. Another weapon he has is remote-controlled chattering teeth that carry explosives.
- Titan Enhancements (formerly):
- Superhuman Strength:
- Superhuman Durability:
- Cheating Death:
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): Joker has shown the ability to take on a large number of guards by himself using a unique form of fighting.
- Acting: Joker was able to impersonate Black Mask and take over his gang of mobsters for approximately three and not Batman or even Sionis' subordinates knew until he revealed himself.
- Deception: Joker can trick others into believing what he wishes by choosing key words and situations to mold a victim's perspective of what he wants them to see.
- Political Science: Joker once ran for President.
- Singing: Joker has a repertoire of songs he knows the whole way through, and can perform them word-perfect with no rehearsal, supporting the idea he was once an entertainer of some stripe. He seems to prefer songs he can croon to.
- Mental Illness: Joker escapes classification of a single diagnosis. He's been thought to have bipolar disorder, multiple personalities, etc. However, the truth may be simplier, such as Joker being nothing more than pure evil. One of the things Joker is known for is having no concern whether he lives or dies, albeit only if Batman goes with him.
- Joker Teeth: Batman have encounters with annoying gag teeth that rattle an laugh. When Joker is injected with TITAN, the Joker Teeth become strapped with dynamite and explode when near Batman.
- X-Ray Specs: These specs allow Joker to see his enemies the same way Batman does when he goes into Detective Mode.
- Joker Gas: Causes victims to die laughing with hideous grins on their faces.
- Joker's Joy Buzzer: A joy buzzer with a fatal zap.
- Ace of Spades: A large-caliber revolver used to execute people
Plot in the SeriesEdit
Anime and Manga DifferencesEdit
Translation and Dub IssuesEdit
Notes & TriviaEdit
- Joker first appeared in Batman #1 (Spring 1940)
- Joker is immune to his own Joker toxin and many other side effects of harmful chemical exposure.
- Despite having a comical personality, Joker has the stance of a flirty female character.
- Joker is notorious in the hero community for his unpredictability and is largely left to the Batman to deal with.
- Jason Todd, whose death is ironically considered to be Batman's greatest failure and one of Joker's most noted crimes, considers the creation of Joker as his mentor's first and greatest failure.
- Joker's inmate number of Arkham Asylum is 0801.