Eduardo Dorrance (エドアルド・ドランス, Edoarudo Doransu), also known as Bane (ベイン, Bein), is fictional character and antagonist of the Marvelous DC series created by C. B. Cebulski and Jim Lee. He is a supervillain and assassin in Gotham City.
Since his father passed away before his sentence could be completed, Bane was forced to take his place in the prison, where he toned his body and mind to perfection and was eventually subjected to military experiments.
Among those experiments came Bane's dependence on the chemical agent, Venom, which granted him incredible strength and adrenaline. After he broke out of prison, Bane sought to conquer worthy adversaries and make a criminal empire for himself.
It wasn't long until Bane heard legends of Gotham City's Batman and fought him numerous times in an effort to prove himself, and was defeated and arrested time and time again. Despite this, Bane remained cautious of the vigilante and his motives.
"I am Bane, the last opponent you will ever face."
- —Bane, to Batman.
Appearance & BiographyEdit
- Voice actor: J.B. Blanc (English), Not Known (Japanese), Not Known (Arabic), Not Known (Basque), Not Known (Brazilian), Not Known (Cantonese), Not Known (Catalan), Not Known (Chinese), Not Known (Croatian), Not Known (Danish), Not Known (Dutch), Not Known (Finnish), Not Known (Filipino), Not Known (French), Not Known (Galician), Not Known (German), Not Known (Greek), Not Known (Hebrew), Not Known (Hong Kong), Not Known (Hungarian), Not Known (Indonesian), Not Known (Italian), Not Known (Korean), Not Known (Mandarin), Not Known (Norwegian), Not Known (Polish), Not Known (Portuguese), Not Known (Romanian), Not Known (Russian), Not Known (Serbian), Not Known (Spanish), Not Known (Swedish), Not Known (Tagalog), Not Known (Thai), Not Known (Valencian), Not Known (Ukrainian), Not Known (Brazilian Portuguese), Not Known (Canadian French), Not Known (European Spanish), Not Known (European Portuguese), Not Known (Latin American Spanish), Not Known (Latin Spanish), Not Known (Spain-Spanish)
As Eduardo DorranceEdit
- Hair Color: Not Known
- Skin Color: Not Known
- Eye Color: Brown
- Age: Not Known
- Birthday: Not Known
- Height: 5' 6", 9'2" (with Venom)
- Weight: 140 lbs. (64 kg), 350 lbs. (with Venom)
- Poison Ivy
- Cabal Light
- Injustice Avengers
- Lex Luthor - Ally.
- League of Assassins
- Quincy Sharp
- Black Mask
- Killer Croc
- Poison Ivy
- Justice Avengers
- Gotham City Police Department
- Killer Frost
Abilities and PowersEdit
- Venom Usage: Bane's use of the Super-steroid Venom allowed him to enhance his physical functions to superhuman levels, particularly his strength, endurance, and speed. His body's senses and healing abilities are also augmented to a degree.
- Transformation: When Bane pumps venom into his blood he grows into a hulking version of his former self and gains powerful abilities.
- Superhuman Strength: Thanks to Venom, Bane's muscles are strengthened and are able to endure more strain and use than usual. When Bane is in his super-sized form, he gains superhuman strength.
- Superhuman Endurance: Another benefit to Venom enhancing his body, is that his muscle have been toughened, allowing him to endure simple and weak attacks and physical trauma without much of a problem.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Under the effects of Venom, Bane can react just as fast as the fittest human can. Able to react as fast if not a margin faster than Batman, Bane has fought many opponents while applying his tactics and supporting his massive frame.
- Enhanced Speed: Under the effects of Venom, Bane can run as fast as the fittest human can. Running on par with Olympic runners, Bane can support his weight while maintaining a high rate of speed.
- Superhuman Stamina: Under the effects of Venom, Bane can fight almost forever. As long as he can continue to pump Venom into his veins he can continue fighting indefinitely. While on a single dose of venom Bane has fought many battles for many hours and never seemingly stopped.
- Superhuman Durability: Bane has survived wounds, blows and contusions from multiple sources without stopping, all due to his venom usage.
- Accelerated Healing: Bane can also use his Venom as a form of medicine to heal from injuries, poisons and diseases. Depending on how devastating the injury, Bane needs to inject a certain amount of Venom into himself.
- Vehicle Combat:
- Genius Level Intellect: Despite having no formal education, Bane is extremely intelligent. He is an expert tactician, exceptionally skilled in psychological warfare and torture and even has a working knowledge of nuclear physics.
- Tactical Analysis: In his early years, Bane was an excellent strategist. He was even able to deduce who the Batman was under his mask.
- Chemistry: Bane has attempted for years to create a serum similar to Venom that will sate his addiction and give him a permanent increase in strength. He created TN-1, which fell below his expectations. Thanks to its side-effects, he was never able to try again due to becoming dumber.
- Leadership: Bane is charismatic and intelligent enough to successfully lead his own group gang of drug traffickers.
- Multilingualism: Bane can speak both English and Spanish and used this multilingual ability to keep telepaths out of his head by thinking in Spanish.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Bane has had a history of physical conflict which lends to his expertise in hand-to-hand combat. Bane can take on multiple armed opponents, metahumans and/or other expert fighters with relative ease.
- Martial Arts: Bane has shown advanced fighting abilities in both his human and superhuman forms.
- Peak Human Condition:
- Indomitable Will: Bane is immune to telepathy
- Diminished Intellect: Though still intelligent, Bane's intelligence has been severely hampered by his overuse of Venom, a condition that appears cumulative with his continually growing addictions to it. Due to this, Bane would seem easy to be fooled by most of the people, he also gets angry very easily.
- Technological Reliability:
- Drug Addiction: Bane is addicted to the Venom he uses.
- Reliance: Bane has a Venom storage support system on his back, which is used to sustain his abilities.
- Venom: A super steroid which increases the strength of whoever uses it.
Plot in the SeriesEdit
Anime and Manga DifferencesEdit
Translation and Dub IssuesEdit
Notes & TriviaEdit
- Bane first appeared in Batman: Vengeance of Bane #1 (January 1993).
- He is probably Batman's most powerful enemy. Bane is the only "Man who Broke the Bat", due to the status he left Batman in. He could have killed him, but he decides he must first suffer and see everything he loves destroyed.
- Bane has tried to join the League of Assassins, but was rejected by Rā's al Ghūl many times. However he did once become worthy of being Rā's' heir, proving himself in a swordfight and chess game with no venom enhancement. He was close to marrying Talia al Ghūl before Rā's discovered his treachery, which is why he keeps being rejected from the League.